Hydrocarbon well logging is the business that DATALOG Geological Services
has been in since its inception. We offer a variety of hardware, software,
and communication packages that are cusomizable to suit your needs.
Our approach to mud logging is a unique blend of experience and innovation.
We’ve developed a wellsite process on which our loggers are trained
extensively. This process includes daily mud logs, email reports, and analyzing
and cataloging of samples. Additionally, each report and log goes through
an extensive quality control process, which includes supervisor spot
checks and quality analyst approval prior to submission to a geologist. With
an educated work force and a rigorous system, our mud logging service
rivals that of any geology organization in the nation.
The following is a list of plotting properties that can be included on all logs;
- ROP 1,2 & 5ft
- Bit Information
- Gas / Oil Show Evaluation
- Total Gas
- Cuttings Gas
- Chromatograph Gas Analysis C1-nC5
- Shale Density
- Interpretative Lithology
- Results Cores / DSTs
- Visual Porosity
- % Lithology
- Fluorescence Evaluation
- Connection/Trip / Downtime Gas
- Mud Properties
- MWD Gamma / Resistivity
- Lithology Descriptions
- Depth (Measured, TVD and Lagged)
- Corrected D-Exponent
- Shale Density
- Casing Shoe Test or Frac Gradient
- Mud Weight
- Rig Activity
- Drilling Parameters
- Estimated Pore Pressure
- Digital ACSII / LAS record (1,2,&5ft)
- H2S / CO2
- Digital DLIS record (1,2,&5ft)
Gas Detection Equipment
The MLogger series gas detector is a digital gas detection system. Specifically designed for well site gas detection, and with the Mud Logger in mind.
The three models begin with the Blue Box (TG) which detects total gas only. The Red Box (TGC) will detect total gas and has a built in chromatograph, and our most advanced MLogger, the Green Box (TGC-CHO), includes CO2, H2S, and O2 detection along with total gas and a chromatograph. Each model includes advanced network capabilities, giving Mud Loggers, Geologists, and interested parties the ability to remotely manage multiple wells, all from an easy to use dashboard on a private and secure website. This website is tailored to your company, giving Mud Loggers the ability to create a log from anywhere.
- GSM/CDMA Cellular Equipped
- World Wide Remote Access Directly to the Device!
- Standard WITS Compatible
- TControl –Familiar Windows® Interface
- Windows 8 & 10 Compatible
- Easy Data Export to LAS or ASCII File
- Advanced Networ Capability & Security
- Portable Self-Contained Design
- Size: 22 x 12 x 22 inches
- Weight: 60 lbs
- Gas Detector: Filament, Catalytic Combustion for low gas switching to Thermal Conductivity at 4.8% for high gas
- Calibration: Total Gas 1% methane equals 100 units, 100% methane equals 10,000 units
- Windows 8 & 10 Compatible
- Chromatograph: Users choice of calibration standard
Flamed Ionization Detection
Flamed Ionization Gas
DATALOG Geological Services’ proprietary Flamed Ionization Detection Total Hydrocarbon Analyzer and Gas Chromatograph is the most sensitive and accurate gas detection and evaluation technology available in the Oil & Gas industry today. It is fully WITS capable and syncs up to the most common rig EDR systems.
The built-in data system displays both the continuous total hydrocarbon reading and the separated peaks. An alarm function alerts the operator for any out-of-range readings.
Our geologists then generate a Total Gas curve that is a sum of the chromatography parts. Hydrocarbon Balance (Bh) and Hydrocarbon Wetness (Wh) calculations can be made and graphically displayed to show the specific gravity of the gas stream to determine if the hydrocarbons in the drilling medium are dry or wet gas, oil, or dead oil.
Features & Specifications
The Dual FID THA and GC is a microprocessor-controled instrument designed to measure hydrocarbons from 0.01% to 100% methane equivalent. Built for ease of use, the system utilizes flame ionization detectors, assuring accurate detection of hydrocarbons in the presence of mud contaminants and inert gases.
Under microprocessor and software control, electronic sample injection helps maintain calibration and linearity – even over prolonged periods of operation.
- 120 VAC 60 hz Custom Packed GC
- Column 10-Port rotary valve with auto backflush
- Chromatograph C1 – C5 in less than 60 sec.
- Sample pressure alarms warns operators of insufficient pressure
- Display is 4 lines x 20 characters LCD with Green backlight
- Analog output 0-10V single output
- Operating range 0-100% methane equivalence
- Accuracy 1% + (% of range) / 10
- Dimensions 19.0” x 8.75” x 22.0”
- Weight 22.3 lbs
Sign up to be the first to
know all the news
Without any doubts
we are the best choice for your well
- Customizable All-In-One wellsite logging solutions
- Cutting edge technology with industry leading experience
- In full compliance with OSHA, ISN, PEC, and Avetta
- 24/7/365 customer support